While most of the world’s population goes to sleep, the death toll in China increases by another 100. Ever since the deadly coronavirus has been discovered in Wuhan, China, a total of 1775 people have died until today. While the number of infected people has increased to over 71,000 globally and yet, there is no known or discovered treatment for this infection. With no known treatment procedure, China is doing the only thing they can currently is to give basic treatment to the infected and burn the bodies of the dead people to stop the virus from spreading. Almost, all major countries who have been in business with China for years, have stopped trade and transport, in their own small attempt to stop the spread of this global epidemic. The question that arises here is that, is the infection ever going to stop? Will it affect other countries too?
In Kerala, India, 3 students who returned from China and tested positive with the infection have been isolated ever since their return and being treated in isolation. According to a report, one of the students has now recovered from the infection and tested negative from when he was last tested. The news was confirmed by the health officers in the district. So, is it true that the virus can be stopped and treated? But what is more saddening is that even today, a huge population in the world is not aware about the basic details about the infection. Let’s learn about the Coronavirus here.
WHAT ARE THE CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS?
– Coronavirus or also known as COVID-19 is a respiratory disease that starts and ends in the lungs.
– Basic pneumonia like symptoms
HOW TO DIAGNOSE?
– Check for cough and cold
– Problem in breathing after you are in contact with an affected person
– Travelled to china recently
– Tests are done on your saliva and nasal swab samples.
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT?
– Isolation and medication
– Pain relievers
– Increased Fluid intake
– Cough syrup and antibiotics to reduce the infection
– Regularly get yourself checked and stay away from public places
Note: No vaccine has been invented yet to cure the infection.
HOW TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS INFECTION?
– Stay away from the infection
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick
– Wash your hands with a disinfectant or soap regularly for a minimum 20 seconds
– Avoid touching or rubbing your nose, mouth and eyes with your hands
– Use a facemask to avoid the spreading of germs through sneezing, coughing or spitting
– Stay at home and avoid going to public places
– Increase your immunity by taking herbal supplements
– Use a hand sanitizer with minimum 60% alcohol content.